07 September 2011

JOURNEY 201¦1 ‘Alone in the Company’

'There will be places where your faith will take you where it is just you and God.' These were the words of my executive pastor this past Sunday. His sermon was talking about real faith and fantasy faith. It was a powerful study! And it got me thinking about the many people in the Bible whose walk with the LORD took them amazing places...



'Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.' Genesis 5:24 NIV


'So Elijah did as the LORD told him and camped beside Kerith Brook, east of the Jordan.' I Kings 17:5NLT




'So at last the king gave orders for Daniel to be arrested and thrown into the den of lions...' Daniel 6:16 NLT



'And Jacob was left alone' and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of day.' Genesis 32:24KJV






'Peter said to Him, "LORD, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water." And He said, "Come!" And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus.' Matthew 14:28-29NLT



'As they stoned him, Stephen prayed, 'Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.' Acts 7:59NLT






'Peter therefore was kept in prison ... sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison.' Acts 12:5-6KJV




'Then Jesus was led [guided] by the [Holy] Spirit into the wilderness [desert] to be tempted [tested and tried] by the devil.' Matthew 4:1AMP

'They took Jesus therefore, and He went out bearing His own cross...' John 19:17NASB




Then there is you ....

Your walk of faith will take you places that you never dreamed. And you will be privileged to be alone, in the company of the Father. They are priceless moments, being alone in the company of the Father ... excrutiatingly lonely and painful at times, but priceless.

There will be many who will scoff at your choices. They will mock and taunt and tease. They will say, 'Simple woman, what is she thinking?' 'Crazy man, when will he learn?'

They will know that they know that you missed God completely and have gone off the deep end. And you will know that you know that you have heard His voice and have launched into the deep.

If I step out on faith, and begin to sink,
     having to be rescued by my LORD,
At least I stepped out and did the unimaginable.

If I speak His Word with boldness,
     and am persecuted and even harmed,
At least I fulfilled His purpose for my life. 

If I sink deeper than I ever thought it possible to go,
     And when I rise to great exploits,
          done in His name and for His glory,
I will know it is because I dared to walk with God,
     where few were willing to go.

Be blessed and be bold!
Even if it means being alone, in His company.

No comments:

Post a Comment