15 September 2018

fight or die ...


FIGHT … DIE

These are two powerful words. Each has an ability to change the trajectory of not only one’s own life and legacy, but the lives of those around them as well. 

The Word of God tells us that stormy challenges and circumstances come to all – irrespective of age, gender, race, nationality, socio-economic status or faith. The battles and the struggles which arise as a result are inevitable.

HOWEVER –

I believe in every journey – for those truly intense battles – there arises in the heart of the warrior a determined conviction to: FIGHT AND WIN … OR DIE TRYING


For the believer, it is understood that either scenario results in victory – “[For] If we live, we live for the LORD; and if we die, we die for the LORD. So whether we live or die, we belong to the LORD.” Romans 14:8


No matter the outcome - the battle must be fought

Now, sometimes the LORD will call you to be still and see the salvation of the LORD.
But, other times, He will command you just as He did King David,
“Arise! Pursue! For you shall surely overtake them and recover all!” I Samuel 30:8

There are times when the battle will require physical action

However, there are times when He will remind us –
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God…” II Corinthians 10:4-5

There will be times when praise and worship are the strategic battle plan of the day
  • Old Testament Battle at Tekoa – where Jehoshaphat sent out the praise team ahead of the army (II Chronicles 20)
  • First Century Prison – Where Paul and Silas sang their way to freedom (Acts 16:25-36)
  • End Time Revelation – where we are reminded that what we say, the words of our testimony, work in concert with the blood of Jesus to cause us to overcome and bring about victory (Revelation 12:11)

But, the LORD is for peace, isn’t He?
Yes – ultimately

Yet, He Himself said, Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division” (Luke 12:51)

A similar account is found in the book of Matthew – and I am particularly fond of the Message Version of this section of Scripture:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Stand up for Me against world opinion and I’ll stand up for you before My Father in heaven. If you turn tail and run, do you think I’ll cover for you?
 “Don’t think I’ve come to make life cozy. I’ve come to cut—make a sharp knife-cut between son and father, daughter and mother, bride and mother-in-law—cut through these cozy domestic arrangements and free you for God...”
Matthew 10:32-37
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No – there should be no mistake on why He came. He declared it Himself while He was on the earth giving His disciples on how to pray to the Father – “Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven”

That is the charge – to establish His kingdom order in every sector of our hearts individually and in every sector of society universally

SO KEEP FIGHTING SOLDIER –
DO NOT GROW WEARY IN WELL DOING;
ON YOUR KNEES – IN PRAYER,
WITH THE SWORD – WHICH IS THE WORD,
IN THE ATMOSPHERE – WITH PRAISE AND SHOUTS OF VICTORY!!!

There is a song which I keep hearing lately. In fact, there have been times I have gone to sleep and awakened in the morning with this song resounding in my heart. It has been performed by multiple musical artist. However, I am particularly fond of the rendition done by one musical assembly. The song – Surrounded (This is how I fight my battles) by Upper Room. I have provided a link in the comments section. Take a listen when you have the opportunity …

I Pray You Have a Tremendously Blessed Day!




Zenobia


1 comment:

  1. Amazing Song!

    Surrounded (This is How I Fight My Battles) UPPERROOM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoAqymNcBTk&start_radio=1&list=RDMMNoAqymNcBTk

    ReplyDelete