23 September 2018

LINE DRAWN ...


 Good Afternoon!

I pray you have had a blessed day so far. This morning at church was a great time. We had a guest speaker who preached out of the text regarding Esau and Jacob and the transfer of birthright (Genesis 25:31-34)

It is a fascinating tale which – if you have the opportunity – you should take time to read in its entirety. The pastor was talking about Generosity and specifically Producers and Consumers.

However, after church – as I drove home from spending time with my mom,
The passage of scripture [and the message] took my thoughts in a different [but related] direction.

It got me focused on the divine moment which is occurring, the shift which is unfolding –
THE LINE DRAWN

As I considered and evaluated my mom’s current situation, I will be honest and state that I began to become irritated all over again. She deserves so much better than what she is currently experiencing. And hers was not from a lack of adequate planning – but from scoundrels who would rob an old woman and leave her at the mercies of situations and circumstances.

It got me reflecting on how my mom’s own inheritance was stolen out from underneath her years ago;
How part of my inheritance was stolen in that same transaction;

YET – my mom made a decision that she was going to do something different
One of her favorite verses is out of the book of
‘A good [wise] man leaves an inheritance for his children’s children’ Proverbs 13:22

She had it all planned – a way to redeem some of what had been lost
A way to provide her thirteen grandchildren with a springboard for life.
She formulated a strategy to help catapult them toward their individual destinies

SHE WORKED DILIGENTLY – FOR DECADES – SO THAT IT COULD UNFOLD
She had a hope that the generational curse of stolen and swindled inheritances would finally end

BUT ALAS – It Occurred AGAIN!
You see, with that most recent conniving manipulation and thievery from my mom, went the inheritance which she had set aside for her grandchildren. A birthright wrangled out of the hands of the rightful owner – once again.

It took me back to today’s text:
And, although what Jacob did was highly unethical and abhorrent, it was not illegal
Understand, there are family members and any number of random general individuals [these are the CONSUMERS] who will always attempt to manipulate and strategize ways to wrestle from you what is in your hands so that they may line their pockets
It is an unfortunate by-product of living in a fallen world.

Scripture tells us, ‘We are not ignorant of the devices of the enemy’ II Cor. 2:11
Yet, so often, so many of us are just that – ignorant of the ways he is working and the people he is using

EVEN SO
TODAY – A LINE HAS BEEN DRAWN FOR MY FAMILY

Every generational curse is broken
The enemy has been commanded to restore that which was stolen
The LORD Himself has raised up a standard against those who would rob, and con and pillage

THIS DAY – A MANDATE HAS BEEN DECREED AND DECLARED
GENERATIONAL BLESSING HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED AND ENACTED

I keep feeling the LORD speaking to me as He did King David so many years ago:
“Arise! Pursue! For you shall surely overtake them and recover all!” I Samuel 30:8
I speak to your situation – even as I make declarations over my own:

I command every curse be broken
That ill-effects be cancelled out
That what has been stolen, be restored
That goodness and mercy follow you –
And, that the blessing of the LORD overtake every area of your life

I have a very important meeting with a publisher on Tuesday and another publisher reviewing the same manuscript. Please be praying for me, and know I am doing the same for you.

Have a Blessed Evening & an Amazing Week!
Zenobia

No comments:

Post a Comment