17 March 2020

a legacy of faith


Good Morning Friends

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Many will be celebrating this day a bit different today … in the midst of COVID-19
However, I have always celebrated it a bit different
Today is my Nana’s birthday!

I still reflect with fondness the days that I spent with her – helping in the kitchen
I was always right up under my grandparents when we went to visit
My Nana was born in 1906 and went home to heaven when I was ten years old
And, while it doesn’t seem I had a great deal of time with her,
She is a very big part of the reason I have a firm foundation of faith
She taught me what it was to fear the LORD –
Not to be afraid of Him, but to have a holy reverence for Him

A couple of days ago, I wrote about us trusting the LORD, making note:
HE IS STILL ON THE THRONE – HE IS STILL IN CONTROL

Yesterday was a challenge for me – for reasons I will not go into right now
However, I think back to my Nana who taught me to trust the LORD no matter what
He is Holy and fully trustworthy!

THEREFORE –  I rejoice as Habakkuk the prophet did
 ‘Though the fig tree does not bud and no fruit is on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though the sheep are cut off from the fold and no cattle are in the stalls, yet I will exult in the LORD; I will rejoice in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign LORD is my strength; He makes my feet like those of a deer; He makes me walk upon the heights!’ Habakkuk 3:17-19

AND I KNOW –
·         Jesus has prayed for me that my faith would not fail [Luke 22:32]
·         There is a whole heavenly host of witnesses cheering me on and encouraging me to keep running this race [Hebrews 12:1]

I like to believe that my Nana is front-and-center … blessing me from afar

May you also be blessed – today and always



 Happy St. Patrick’s Day
& Happy Birthday Nana!

No comments:

Post a Comment