06 March 2020

for the hurting ...


Good Morning Friends

It is early and I am actually on my way to work
However, I had to stop and write this post
Hard to believe we are just two short weeks from the first day of Spring
In fact, time ‘springs forward’ this weekend
Today is Friday and the first week of March … has marched on

Time stops for no man … or woman
But, there is a saying that ‘time heals all wounds’
                However, that is simply not true
Time cannot erase feelings of loss or missing someone so precious to you
No – in those instances, time just passes.
This thought has repeatedly entered my mind over the past few days 

There is a someone so special to me who is heavy on my heart today –
Truthfully, they have been on my heart all week
And I know time does not heal the hurt

You see, some days are great days of remembrance –
For me, it is the birthdays of my sons, my parents and close friends,
It is holidays like Christmas,Valentine’s Day, Father's Day & Mother's Day
It is March 23rd – a day which holds special significance for me

However – not every day of remembrance is a great day
No – some days of remembrance can evoke feelings of sorrow and loss
Today is one of those days – but not because I experienced a personal loss
               
One of the shortest verses in the Bible is found in John 11:35
And it simply states, ‘Jesus wept.’
His friend Lazarus had died and He had just arrived in town;
That is when He encountered Lazarus’ sister Mary.
Scripture notes, ‘When Jesus saw her weeping …
He was deeply moved in spirit and troubled’ John 11:33

FOR THE HURTING ... 

Sometimes you are moved for your own situation;
Sometimes you are moved by the situations of others
‘We weep with those who are weeping’ Romans 12:15

Just as the Father cares for that which concerns us
There are those special people in your life where you care about what concerns them –
                truly care …

In those situations, you demonstrate compassion –
And you understand that time does not heal all wounds
To my special one – and to all who may be hurting – know this:
I am praying for you today and always

I pray that something would happen today to brighten your countenance,
to place a smile on your face
I wish more than anything that I could give you a giant hug –
Not that it will fix what hurts. How could it?
But in the absence of a physical hug,
I pray that the LORD’s presence would be tangible to you today –
                So tangible that it would feel like an actual hug.

Scripture says, ‘Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning’ Ps. 30:5
The truth is – weeping may endure for many nights .. and even years intermittently.
However, I am praying for you continually;
I am praying that there will be a dawn breaking which ushers joy into your spirit
                even in the midst of the sadness,
Today and any day your heart aches

Have a Blessed Day,
I love you much …

1 comment:

  1. this song always ushers in peace for me...

    touch of heaven ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fY3l9AKPa0&t=904s

    ReplyDelete