22 March 2020

it's personal ...


Good Morning Friends

Happy Sunday!
Week two of no gathered services for church –
However, how many of you know we are the church;
                And church is wherever we are
I fully appreciate these intimate personal times with the LORD
It’s personal … it is a personal preference for each individual
Even so – I still miss gathering together as a corporate body of believers
But this too shall pass …

I heard an interesting news notification yesterday –
The actual instance occurred a couple of days ago;
In light of the numerous restrictions imposed by COVID-19, the Pope issued this statement:
‘If you don’t find a priest to go to confession, speak to God. He’s your Father. Tell Him the truth. ‘Lord. I did this and this and this. Pardon me.’ Ask His forgiveness with all your hear, with an act of contrition, and promise Him, ‘Afterward I will go to confession.’ You will return to God’s grace immediately.’

Now – for the record, let me state that I am not Catholic
Therefore – I do not have a personal understanding of some of the traditions and practices
The best that I can ascertain is that the practice of going to a priest would be an attempt to replicate Old Testament practices [where a priest had to represent the people] or an action to honor the New Testament directive to, ‘confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed’ (James 5:16)

HOWEVER – Let us make no mistake

It is essential for us to understand that Jesus is our High Priest
CHRIST is our priest forever – without beginning or end [Hebrews 5:5-6]
We may approach our LORD and GOD, our FATHER and FRIEND directly
Because of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus,
We are able to go directly to God – at any time
                It’s personal ….
It is about a personal relationship – something He desires to have with each of us

At the death of Jesus, the veil was torn –
It was torn, indicating the introduction of personal relationship with the LORD
When that veil was torn it removed the separation which existed between God and man
The tearing of that veil from top to bottom –
It was indicative of a work which could only be performed … by the LORD Himself

TO BE CLEAR –

These are unprecedented times …
In our nation and around the world, this health crisis is removing standard protocols
Churches are having to resort to online services
Individuals are coming face-to-face with the realities of their faith
A  few days ago, I wrote about my grandmother, my Nana
                And I acknowledged the tremendous impact that she had on my faith
She had an impact on my faith – but she was not and is not the source of my faith
You see, relationship with the LORD … it’s personal
It must be received – and then cultivated and developed through personal interaction
                Through personal times of prayer, study, reflections, worship and transparency

In these challenging times, go to the LORD
At all times, go the LORD God Almighty – seek His heart
It’s personal … it’s personal to Him
                He desires a personal relationship at all times
And I believe, just as the verse notes above, many who have died [in our case spiritually],
They are being raised to life.


Have a Blessed Day & Stay Safe

1 comment:

  1. Run to the Father by Cody Carnes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTHS4W1bPj8

    Holy Spontaneous Worship Jeremy Riddle, Steffany Gretzinger and Brian Johnson:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW-pHVPAATs

    ReplyDelete