14 March 2020

still in control, still on the throne


Good Morning Friends

Happy Saturday …
Yes – it is still a happy Saturday … even in the midst of COVID-19
Empty shelves, empty stadiums, empty venues, empty schools
                And still there is fullness
Some of that fullness is good and some not so good
People are full of anxiety, uncertainty and questions
And while I do not have all the answers, or even most, this I do know:

HE IS STILL ON THE THRONE – HE IS STILL IN CONTROL

I do not minimize the issues confronting us all – not just as a nation, but globally
It is one matter when you are struggling with where to find financial resources to get what is needed;
It is a completely different matter when you have the financial resources – but there is nothing to buy
Both are devastating in their own way – both have the potential to evoke feelings of fear

HE IS STILL ON THE THRONE – HE IS STILL IN CONTROL

This pandemic situation –
It became more tangible when two cases of COVID-19 were confirmed here in VA Beach
It became much more tangible when an alert showed up on my phone at work:
Potential COVID-19 Exposure Being Investigated in the Building

When I got home that evening, a call came from mom's nursing home;
They were taking a proactive step and canceling all visitation – indefinitely
And while I am thankful for the measure taken to protect the residents,
                It will be hard not being able to see my mom.
I am praying for my mom [and all the other residents]

HE IS STILL ON THE THRONE – HE IS STILL IN CONTROL

Faced with some of these situations this week,
I had to come face-to-face with the fact that … ‘I cannot control everything’
And I am either going to place my trust in Him or I am not

HE IS STILL ON THE THRONE – HE IS STILL IN CONTROL

‘Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in Me’ John 14:1

Now – the ‘me’ in that verse is clearly not meor any other ordinary person
No – the ‘Me’ in John 14:1 is someone extraordinary; the ‘Me’ in John 14:1 is JESUS
Jesus was comforting His disciples in the midst of trials.

How many of us could use that comfort now?

Contextually, Jesus was speaking of the place He had prepared for them
Well, He is the same yesterday, today and forevermore
And the place He has prepared – heavenly and earthly – is one of provision and protection
The All–Sufficient One is attentive to every one of your concerns
                He is well-able to supply every need

HE IS STILL ON THE THRONE – HE IS STILL IN CONTROL

Therefore, I speak to your heart this morning: ‘Peace, peace …’
‘The LORD will keep you from all harm – He will watch over your life;
‘The LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.’
Psalm 131:7

Have a Blessed Day …

No comments:

Post a Comment