22 December 2020

EMMANUEL

I pray all is going well with you this morning –

We are one day closer to Christmas

I feel like a child sometimes with my anticipation

But, if I am honest, my feelings are somewhat conflicted

I am excited about the countdown and Christmas day

But, I am also sad because I know it marks the end of this beautiful season;

A season which celebrates the birth of Jesus – EMMANUEL, GOD WITH US

Yet I am still full of gratitude and recognize reasons for celebration

Though a season may end, His presence with us never does – GOD IS WITH US ALWAYS


Last night was enjoying the peaceful atmosphere in my home –

The lights, the smell of pine, the candles and relaxing music

I listening to my Christmas ‘playlist’ late into the evening

And on that list was an old song by an artist named Bebo Norman

The song is ‘Come and Worship’

I absolutely love that song and find myself listening to it every Christmas season

Generally speaking, I am drawn to the words of a song and not just the sound

Well, this song is no different –

After over ten years of listening to it, I am still in awe every time over one particular line:

‘God with man is now residing’

It is such a powerful statement and so succinctly captures the entire reason for this season

 

EMMANUEL – GOD WITH US

I am still amazed that Jesus would vacate heaven and agree to come as Child;

            Just so that He could save us, so He could save me

It is simply incredible!

 

Today’s post is not long

This post, along with this season, is a time for individual reflection

It is time to remember the gift that was given and that keeps on giving –

EMMANUEL – GOD WITH US

For all the hurting, grieving, lonely, hopeless and heartsick – God is with you

For all the joy-filled, cruising through life, having a good time – God is with you

For those who do not know Him, filled with questions and doubts – God is with you too

 

Psalm 139:7-10 notes:

Where can I go from Your Spirit?

Or where can I flee from Your presence?

If I ascend into heaven, You are there;

If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.

If I take the wings of the morning,

And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,

Even there Your hand shall lead me,

And Your right hand shall hold me.

 

That entire Psalm is so amazing!

If you have a moment you should read it – especially verses 1-18

 

The LORD GOD Almighty, the Creator of the universe – is with us

He has promised He will never leave or forsake His children

What a marvelous promise!

 

This morning – I am praying for you

I am praying that you would experience His presence is a tangible way –

            In an intimate and personal and credible way

He is with us always

May He open our eyes to see Him more clearly

I hope you are having a blessed Christmas Season …

 

Have a Blessed Day!


‘Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

 Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment