29 December 2020

TRUST

Here we are in the homestretch of 2020 –

I pray and trust that all is going well with you as this year winds down

Yes – there are still two more days...

One day and a wake up as we used to say when I was a military spouse

But – we are almost there and it has been quite a journey, this 2020 year

There were some expected occurrences, and many more which took me completely by surprise

Yet – as I went to sleep last night, and arose this morning, one word has been on my heart and mind: TRUST


At the beginning of this year, I wrote a post titled
‘2020: New, New Year’s Resolution’

In that post I wrote about how resolutions do not have to focus on removing something negative; but that it could center on maintaining & increasing something positive … continuing to do what proved useful and faithful:


If you placed & found your trust in the LORD in 2020 –

                Resolve to CONTINUE TRUSTING IN THE LORD

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in Him” Jeremiah 17:7

 

If you clung to your hope in the LORD in 2020 –

                Resolve to CONTINUE HOPING IN THE LORD

“For You, O LORD are my hope, my trust, O LORD, from my youth” Psalm 71:5

 

If you found strength in the LORD in 2020 –

                Resolve to CONTINUE RELYING ON THAT STRENGTH

“ Those who trust in the LORD, will renew their strength; they shall rise up on wings as eagles; they shall run and not grow weary; they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31

 

We may not always understand the ways of the LORD –

It is difficult for us to comprehend how He is working in certain situations,

            Why He is allowing them to occur

But, if I have learned nothing else in almost 35-years of following Him, I have learned this:

He is faithful and can be TRUSTED

He is completely TRUSTWORTHY

He is worthy of my TRUST, He is worthy of our TRUST

 

‘Not one of all of the LORD’s good promises to Israel failed; everyone was fulfilled.’ Joshua 21:45

 

This is a cause for celebration – not just for nation of Israel but for us all:

You see, ‘The LORD is no respecter of persons …’  [Romans 2:11]

What He has done for one, He is well able to do for another

And, when it comes to the subject of the LORD making promises;

            He will always do, for all, what He has promised He will do

For, ‘God is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. Does He speak and not act? Does He promise and not fulfill?’ Numbers 23:19

 

This morning –

My only encouragement is that you TRUST THE LORD –

He will not fail you!

I am praying that you will experience tangible instances of His presence, protection and favor

 

Have a Blessed Day!


‘Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.’

Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment