31 December 2020

NOT BY POWER

Good Morning!

I pray all is going well with you this morning –

It is officially the last day of 2020

It is the official first day of 2021 for our friends in Tonga

We made it! 

And, I think most would agree, it has not been by our own power

It is certainly a time to give thanks to the LORD who has carried us by His strength – Who has sustained us by His power

 


I heard a verse yesterday as I was driving to pick my son up from work

The announcer was sharing their verse of the day:

She read, ‘The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.’ II Chronicles 16:9

It caught my attention because it is one of my favorite verses in the Bible –

It also caught my attention because that is not the version I have committed to memory

The New King James Version of that verse – along with other translations – reads:

‘For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the earth to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose hearts are loyal to Him.’ II Chronicles 16:9 NKJV

 

BLESSINGS on PURPOSE

The LORD God Almighty, He looks for opportunities to show Himself strong on our behalf

This a reason why I often source multiple Bible translations to ensure I am doing everything I can to understand the truest intent of the scripture.

It is one thing when He strengthens us to accomplish a task

It is an entirely different matter when the LORD takes responsibility for the task Himself

We are thankful when He strengthens us but we are awestruck when He does it!

 

‘This is what the LORD says to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit’, says the LORD Almighty’ Zechariah 4:6 NIV

 

This is the word of Adonai to Z’rubavel: ‘Not by force, and not by power, but by My Spirit,’ says Adonai-Tzva’ot.Zechariah 4:6 CJB

 

‘This is the message from the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Your help will not come from your own strength and power. No, your help will come from My Spirit.’ This is what the Lord All-Powerful says. Zechariah 4:6 ERV

 

‘The angel told me to give Zerubbabel this message from the Lord: “You will succeed, not by military might or by your own strength, but by My Spirit. Zechariah 4:6 GNT

 

AND FOR YOU, MY DEAR FRIEND:

This is the word of the LORD to [INSERT YOUR NAME HERE], saying, ‘Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit’, says the LORD of hosts.’

 

It was not by our strength, power, military might or superior intellect in 2020

It will not be by our muscle, agility, prowess or planning in 2021

IT IS THE LORD – AND THE LORD ALONE

He has showed Himself strong on our behalf … He will continue to do so

 

This morning –

Whether you are enjoying the final hours of 2020;

Or whether you have just ushered in the start of 2021 –

May the LORD show Himself strong on your behalf and bless you abundantly in every way.

 

Happy New Year’s Eve & Happy New Year’s Day!

God Bless …


‘May the LORD bless you and protect you. May the LORD smile on you and be gracious to you. May the LORD show you His favor and give you His peace.’

Numbers 6:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment