14 January 2021

enjoying life

 

Good Morning

It has been a little bit since we last spent time together –

Nothing special taking place – but I only write, well, when I have something to share

Today – the subject is ENJOYING LIFE



I was watching a movie recently that I first saw last year this time –

A Korean drama simply entitled ‘Chocolate’

I like to go back and re-watch some of these programs. 

I sometimes miss things in my first viewing – what with having to read subtitles

Well, as I watched this particular program, there was a line that caught my attention

It was something I had not thought deeply about the first time I watched the show

To be honest, it is possible that I missed it entirely the first time I watched it

It was a simple scene  - a man and a woman

And he was struggling to express his feelings for her

He felt he had wasted too much time – that it was too late

And this was compounded by the fact that he was experiencing health issues

 

His concern was a natural one and completely reasonable

Her response was deep reflection but delivered with such ease and … absolutely priceless

“You’re breathing right now. You can talk … your heart’s beating nice and strong ... Everyone is terminally fated to die … from the moment they’re born. They just tend to forget that when they’re living.”

 

I had a ‘wow’ moment as I sat in my bed watching this dialogue

But, why was it such a wow moment?

It captivated me because there was so much truth packed in her statement.

 

We know from Scripture that sin entered the world with the fall of Adam and Eve

Through the disobedience of one man, many became sinners and found themselves separated from the LORD God Almighty.

 

 ‘… sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people …‘ Romans 5:12

 

Yes, every person who has graced this earth after those first two – has been born with a terrible diagnosis. We all have been born with a death sentence; with a ‘terminal illness’ as it were.

Yet, we tend to forget this as we go about our daily lives.

And still – we know we will all cross that final line one day. It is just a matter of when.


Thankfully, God had a plan to address the situation

For those who do not know and have not accepted Jesus, it is the end

But for those who do know Jesus and have accepted His free gift of salvation – it is just the beginning.

Not desiring that any should perish, God gave His Son a ransom for all.

And while it did not take away the ‘terminal illness’, it did rob it of its effect.

‘O death where is thy sting? O grave where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God who has given us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.’ I Corinthians 15:55-57

 

And the beautiful thing is, it is not just fire insurance –

rescuing us from hell and eternal separation from the LORD

It is the avenue by which we may live and enjoy life now –

no matter what circumstances we are facing

 

Jesus, Himself said, ‘I have come that they might have life and that they might have it abundantly’ John 10:10 KJV

 

The Message Version of that verse says, “I came so they may have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.’

 

New Living Translation

‘My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.’

 

New International Version

‘I have come that they might have life, and have it to the full’

 

Amplified Version

‘I came that they might have life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]

 

Today –

I do not know what individual challenges you might be facing –

            Illness, heartbreak, financial devastation, hopelessness or simply boredom

But I do know that you can take heart and have courage today

You can be encouraged this day –

Jesus came not only to give you a life in eternity, but a life full of joy right now

You only get one life…

Live it to the full and enjoy every moment of every day –

Walking with the LORD and with those around you;

No delays, no regrets, no excuses

 

Have a Blessed Day!

 ‘Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom.’

Psalm 90:12

No comments:

Post a Comment