02 January 2021

PROTECTED

I pray and trust your new year is off to a great start

My New Year’s Day was fairly uneventful –

However, that quiet day took a turn just before midnight

I was not aware of the turn of events ... because I was sleeping

Yet, the LORD, who never sleeps, was on the job protecting;

My fragile heart and my son’s life – PROTECTED


My youngest son had gone out with a friend earlier in the evening

The last thing I said to him was, ‘Be careful out there … I love you.’

The first thing I said when he closed the door was, ‘LORD … keep him safe.’

This is the picture he showed me when he reached home ... I added the verse.

 


THE HAND OF GOD –

It was raining heavily last night and the car hydroplaned on the interstate

It was then struck by another vehicle

My son was in the passenger seat

He emerged from the vehicle and from that incident COMPLETELY UNSCATHED

Not one single injury, not a scratch, not even a pain

All I could do was to keep thanking the LORD

 

THERE IS NO ONE WHO PROTECTS AND DEFENDS LIKE OUR GOD!

 

After verifying that my son was indeed fine,

I told him ‘Happy New Year’

To which he responded, ‘this is not how my year is going to go.’

To which I responded, ‘I was not referencing the accident … but how the LORD kept you’

You see, I had a discussion with him earlier that day before he left the house;

I was sharing how the LORD had blessed him and kept him through 2020,

            And that He would continue to bless him through 2021

Little did I know what was rapidly approaching ….

But God who knows all things, knew what would happened and intervened to PROTECT

 

PRAYER WORKS

‘The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much’  James 5:16 KJV

The Amplified version of James 5:16 reads, ‘The heartfelt and persistent prayer of a righteous man (believer) is able to accomplish much [when put into action and made effective by God—it is dynamic and can have tremendous power].

I like that version because I understand that I am not righteous in my own right

It is not because I am special or because I do things right all of the time

I am declared righteous because of Jesus’ sacrifice – I am clothed in His righteousness

His power activates my prayers

 

When I closed my post yesterday, I wrote:

‘I pray the LORD would bless you and your loved ones,

            Every day, in every way, throughout this entire new year’

The LORD did exactly that for me last night!

 

This morning, this day, this month, this year –

Know that, as you place your trust in the LORD, He will keep you

As you trust him to protect you and protect your loved ones,

He makes it His business to prove that trust by ensuring you are PROTECTED

‘No weapon formed against you shall prosper …’ Isaiah 54:17

They may form – but they will not prosper because you are PROTECTED,

            PROTECTED BY THE HAND OF GOD!

 

Praying the LORD will surround you and yours with His loving care & keep you safe

 Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment