31 January 2021

WHO HE IS ... WHO HE IS TO YOU

It is a bit late for me to write a post

However, I felt like it was needed

I was listening to a song earlier today –

‘There was Jesus’ by Zach Williams & Dolly Parton;

And that song, it got me thinking about the LORD – about who He is to me


Last weekend, I turned 50 years old

It was the very first birthday I was not able to spend with my Mom.

I miss her so much – but there was Jesus

I have been walking with Him for thirty-five years and He has never left my side

So as I thought about His faithfulness through the years,

I gave some deep consideration to who He is to me


Last week I was listening to another song called ‘Man of Your Word’

                It is a song sung by Maverick City (featuring Chandler Moore & KJ Scriven)

In that song, there is a line that says – ‘I am who you say I am!’

The line is sung from the perspective of one who worships with LORD God Almighty

Yet, as I listened to it, it struck me that it is also a declaration –

Sung by the One who is worshiped, sung by the LORD God Almighty

 

In Matthew 16:15, Jesus asks a poignant question to His disciple:

‘Who do you say that I am?

His question has not changed

And our response still holds power – to effect change in our lives and the world.

He has many names –

But, we only receive to the degree that we acknowledge

If I do not recognize and respect someone’s leadership, they can never lead me

This works in natural relationships and in our divine relationship with GOD

The gospel of Matthew tells of an instance in Jesus' life where this principle played out

‘He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief’ Matthew 13:58

They could not acknowledge Him as the miracle-working God.

As a result, the did not receive many miracles

THE GOD WHO CAN DO ALL THINGS – the One who defeated death, hell & the grave;

                He did not do many miracles because of their unbelief

 

What we believe in our core – and confess with our mouths – it matters

 

To me – He has been the Faithful LORD who has been by my side

                In the thirty-five years I have been walking with Him

                And even in the fifteen years before I acknowledged Him

 

So, I ask you this today – who do you say He is?

Get ready to be astounded – because that is who He will be in your life

 

I have included a link to both of those songs down in the comments.

When you have a moment … take a listen

 

Have a Blessed Evening!

1 comment:

  1. There was Jesus – Zach Williams and Dolly Parton
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqCFa61JQgY

    Man of Your Word – Maverick City (featuring Chandler Moore & KJ Scriven)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TrVCZF-4pI

    ReplyDelete