31 August 2011

JOURNEY 201¦1 'Keep it Moving’

So, last Tuesday was an earthquake. And while the epicenter was not here in Virginia Beach, it was a 5.8 and felt by many in this area … except me. I didn’t feel one thing – very strange. The people in my office felt the quake, my sisters felt it at their homes. I didn’t feel anything.

Then came hurricane Irene this past weekend. Tons of rain, the wind did howl a bit and the lights flickered twice. But, there was no damage to my sister’s home (where I am currently residing) and we did not lose power. So, I’m feeling good, thinking we might actually get to a place where we turn a corner on all the challenges that I have experienced.

Then yesterday happened…. On my way home from work, lots of cars and traffic came to a stop. And I came to a stop, driving my son’s truck since my van is in need of very costly repairs. The truck in back of me, a monster-sized Ford Expedition, did not stop! It plowed right into the back of my son’s truck. That was my first thought … my son’s truck! What is going to happen to his truck? It is a 1997 with over 360,000 miles on it. Immediately my thoughts went to what would happen if they total his vehicle. And I had plenty of time to think about that possibility while we waited for the police.

I felt for the other driver. He is the same age as my oldest son … kind of reminded me of him. He hasn’t had his license a year and was driving his pastor’s truck when he hit me. Then he could not find the registration or insurance information. Well, the police finally showed up, we exchanged information and went on our way. Then I got home, my back was starting to hurt … and it all hit me.

It was just one more thing to contend with on top of everything else that has happened. There is a phrase, ‘the straw that broke the camel’s back’. Well, that accident was the straw. I was completely overwhelmed, exhausted and out done. And I wanted to just curl up and cry. OK, I DID CURL UP AND CRY … AND CRY …. AND CRY SOME MORE!

I just wanted to quit.

But then, I had a ‘come to Jesus conversation’ with myself and made a decision to praise through the pain. I listened to some worship music,tried to sing [even though it was difficult], watched a sermon, prayed some, cried some more and remembered …. There is no quitting in the journey!


It isn’t over until He says it’s over!

I know this is not the most encouraging post today – believe me, I know. But it is real! We must keep pressing forward no matter what. And while, I do not know specifically what you are facing today, or what you will face tomorrow … I know God is still God and He is worthy of praise and trust.

‘As for the rest of you, dear brothers and sisters, never get tired of doing good.’ II Thes. 3:13 NLT

‘Let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.’ Gal. 6:9 NLT 

‘They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.’ Is. 40:31 KJV

Keep it Moving!
And Have a Blessed Week

No comments:

Post a Comment