13 December 2019

'TIS THE SEASON: 299 792 458 m / s


Good Evening Friends

I trust your week went well
And I am praying that you are enjoying a MOST RELAXING EVENING

I for one, am glad to be sitting in the comfort of my bedroom
I had enough of the traffic this afternoon –
In fact, that is probably the only thing I don’t like about this season
– THE SEASON OF LIGHTS

In any event –
I patiently maneuvered my way through traffic,
I stopped to get some dinner and made it home safely – THANK THE LORD

So tonight I am enjoying the lights, eating beef teriyaki and taking it easy
I don’t know why, but I have been craving beef teriyaki all week
Third time having it this week … and I haven’t had this in years. Love it!

And –
While my complete trust is in the LORD,
I also happen to love the fortune cookies which come with my meal - 
                That is, I love reading them more than eating them on my current diet plan

Today’s fortune cookie?
I have to say this is one of the less fun-filled, more thought-provoking fortunes I received
However, it got me thinking ...

This is the season where many reflect upon the BIRTH OF CHRIST 
                 & the miraculous light which shone that night
It is still a marvel to me that – IN AN INSTANT – the Light of God, the Lamb of God
                Penetrated the darkness of the world
Thirty-three years later at the top of Calvary,
                He penetrated the darkness of hell – and secured the redemption for all mankind
And He forever is seated on His throne, a shining beacon of hope to all who turn to Him

YES, TONIGHT –
He stands ready to take on any and every dark situation we encounter

Yet, we must receive HIS LIGHT
He is a perfect gentleman – He will not force His will or Himself on anyone
                Which is why He created us creatures with a will, a freewill – to accept or reject

And the answer to my fortune cookie lies in the TRUTH OF GOD’S WORD
§  'All things become visible when they are exposed by the light…’ Ephesians 5:13
§  'The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.' John 1:5
§  'Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, “I am the Light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in the darkness but will have the Light of life.”' John 8:12

You see, it is the presence of light which causes the darkness to flee.
LIGHT VANQUISHES THE DARK

So what’s the speed of dark?
It is 299 792 485 m / s … THE SPEED OF LIGHT

Be encouraged my friend –
And, may every dark situation you are facing be illuminated by the light of His love
                Tonight and all throughout this holiday season

Praying you have a blessed evening …
Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment