04 December 2019

'TIS THE SEASON: THOUGHTFULNESS


Good Evening Friends
It might actually be morning by the time I finish this post
However – this subject of THOUGHTFULNESS was on mind since yesterday

Some of my reflection was prompted by the season –
                With thoughts of those who find this time of year challenging
Then, some thoughts were prompted by a message a saw three different times yesterday

What was the message?

‘Just because someone carries it well does not mean it is not heavy’

I do not know where or with whom the quote originated;
However, it is so accurate – a timely reminder to us all to BE THOUGHTFUL OF OTHERS

Everyone has a story and has a myriad of issues they encounter daily –
                Even those who appear to have it all together

I think back almost nine years ago when we homeless for a short period of time –
A few years after that occurred, when we were getting back to a place of stabilization, I recall my eldest son saying, ‘Mom you handle things so well – you didn’t even cry when we lost the house’. I remember sharing with him, ‘That first night we were homeless, I waited until you all fell asleep, cried myself to sleep … and then got up the next morning, ‘put on my big girl pants’ and focused on moving forward.’

He thought I handled it with ease –
I knew, deep on the inside, that I was devastated emotionally & spiritually

TONIGHT– there are countless individuals who, from the outside, appear strong & brave
HOWEVER – inside, they may be crying and struggling

SO – here is what I would like for you to do tonight
PRAY – pray that the LORD would open your eyes, and heart and mind to see past the natural; that He would heighten your sensitivity to other's needs; that you would be able to discern the difference between the actual and 'the act'

I pray, that if there is someone in need within your sphere of influence,
that you would partner with the LORD to be a blessing to their life.

It is not a difficult thing
§  Sometimes all someone needs is someone to listen
§  Or they might need to know that someone was thinking of them today
§  They might be in need of hug
§  Or it could be a comfort to just have someone sit with them – in silence

Whatever it may be, I pray that your THOUGHTFULNESS – and mine –
                Would EXTEND BEYOND OURSELVES

We are all fully equipped with everything we need
We need only to draw upon our own situations,
in order to be there for someone else in a meaningful way

Scripture notes, 
‘we comfort others with the comfort we ourselves have received’ II Cor. 1:3-5

It is a marvelous thing to partner with the LORD
                To be His hands and heart within the earth

There is someone that has been heavy on my heart for days now
Unfortunately, I have no way to reach that person
But, I am still believing for a miracle

After all, it is THE SEASON OF MIRACLES –
      & ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN

I pray your day went well and that you are having a RESTFUL EVENING
I pray also that you will have a wonderful day tomorrow &
that the LORD will bless you with multiple opportunities to 
     MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONE’S LIFE

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment