11 December 2019

'TIS THE SEASON: COMFORT


Hi There …
I pray your week is going well and that your day was a good one
I am finishing out my day listening to some nice music
It is a TRUE COMFORT to me

And one of my favorite songs has been on my playlist tonight –
Come and Worship by Bebo Norman

It is not a new song –
However, it is a powerful song,
One I have loved and listened to for years'
 
There is one line in particular that I absolutely adore –
 ‘God with man is now residing …’

It is such an intense, yet COMFORTING thought

It is what Christmas is all about
It is what Jesus coming to earth was all about
It is what the story & gift of redemption is all about
It is what the gift of His Holy Spirit is all about

He is with us –

Yet – Christmas can be one of the loneliest times of year for so many
My heart aches for those enduring the sting of loneliness tonight
And sometimes it aches because I too have felt that sting on occasion

That is not the case tonight –
Primarily because I have had my thoughts fixed on Him
The beautiful thing about ‘coming and worshiping’
Is that it can take place anywhere you are … at any time

Still, my heart is heavy for those who are missing a loved one tonight;
Those who are overwhelmed with the circumstances of life;
Those who wonder if it is ever going to ‘be good’ again

To all those people … to my dear friends –
Let me say, ‘HE IS WITH YOU’
I promise you

There is no where you can go to escape His presence.
HE IS OMNIPRESENT – everywhere all at once

So my prayer tonight is that you would have a personal encounter with Him;
That His presence would be tangible
That your sensitivity to His voice would be heightened
That your heart would be fertile ground to receive –
Any & every word of encouragement He has for you
I pray His peace would surround you as a shield – silencing the sounds and voices
of past regrets, present problems and future worries
I pray that the same arms that were stretched out at Calvary to give the gift of salvation,

Would embrace you tonight and convey the love of that gift;
That it would be a comfort to you

Be encouraged my friend … 


I’m praying you have a truly blessed evening
Much Love …
‘Lo, I am with you always – even unto the end of the age.’  
Matthew 28:20

1 comment:

  1. Come and Worship by Bebo Norman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83huFAMOte0

    ReplyDelete