06 February 2021

how far it goes

The weekend is here – and I have only two significant items on the agenda:

  1. Watching the Superbowl with my guys tomorrow!
  2. A milestone birthday celebration for my eldest son!

So I will be getting ready to run some errands to make sure I have all I need

But, I wanted to share this quick post first ...the term 'quick’ being entirely subjective 

 You never actually know ... how far my post will go 


Yesterday I shared a post about a gentleman I met at the store on Thursday

And even as I wrote, I honestly thought, I’ll probably never see him again’

Virginia Beach is a fairly large city – 

It is in the top 50 largest of all cities in the United States for size & population

Well, yesterday afternoon I went to drop my youngest son off at work

And as I got ready to leave, who do you think was entering as I was exiting?

My new friend … and his trusty side-kick, of course!

To say I was surprised would be quite the understatement

Now, I don’t know how he felt following our impromptu meeting on Thursday

But I do know that he shared how isolated he had been feeling,

And he shared his reservations of having to interact with people

Yet, here he was venturing out, again, not twenty-four hours after our encounter

 


So, why am I sharing this and what does it have to do with our love journey?

You never know the impact you can have in the life another – just by being kind

I cannot say that our interaction on Thursday had any impact on his journey Friday

But I also cannot say definitely that it did not have some impact – even if it was minuscule


The point is you never know

That kindness you display to another person – you never know how far it will go

 

Today I am praying

That the LORD will make us all sensitive to the opportunities all around us

That He would open our eyes to see the needs of others

That we would slow down enough to make time for someone else

That we would submit to His will and partner with Him – in touching lives

That we would consent to be a ‘pebble’ ...

          If it would help in sending ripples of His love throughout the earth

May the LORD bless you and keep you today


Have a Wonderful Day & Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment