23 February 2021

seasons of love

‘Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial …’ 

James 1:12

We are almost to the end of February – five short days to go

Can you believe it?

We are still continuing our journey with the topic of love – in this season of love

Yes – I have tagged the entire month of February as the season of love

Truthfully, though, love does not have a season

Love knows no limits and is not restricted by dates on a calendar

It has been difficult to write about love every day –

Especially difficult while experiencing challenges in my own marriage

How many of you know that it is not always sunshine and bliss?

And miscommunications can intensify whatever else is going on at the moment

He and I – we speak in different languages sometimes

He says ‘I love you’ and shows it – but not always in the manner I desire

So I get frustrated – and He remains patient and kind

It takes work to make a marriage work –  loyalty, patience, respect, humor, kindness, mercy, grace, persistence, sacrifice, understanding, compassion ...

Yet all are grounded in love; these attributes, they all have their foundation in love

And what is rooted in love, it will blossom in every season

It's been over thirty years –

He still know me better than I know Him and better than I know myself

Seasons change but His love for me remains steadfast and unmovable

You cannot ask for a better life companion than that

In every season, for any and every reason, He loves me ... amazing!

 

Today –

May the LORD bless your relationships,

Whether it is with Himself, with your spouse,, a friend or family

May He help you to see with His eyes and love with His heart

May His love for you and your love for others abound in every season

 

Have a Blessed Day!

 

For  your Maker is your husband the LORD Almighty is His name ...’

Isaiah 54:5

1 comment:

  1. ‘All of my life, in every season, You are still God. I have a reason to sing … I have a reason to worship’

    Desert Song – Hillsong Worship
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUISd7LSxAQ

    ReplyDelete