11 February 2021

what it means ... to me

Good Morning –

It might actually be afternoon by the time I finish this post – you never know

Valentine’s Day – it is almost here

 


Yesterday –

I shared how Valentine’s Day holds different meanings for different people

The subject of love holds different meanings for different people

This is why it is important to figure out what that means

We have to ask ourselves

‘Love … what does it mean … to me?’

 

Whether you are currently in a relationship or hoping for one

This question must be figured out

I’ve had friends – when talking about their ideal love – express everything they desire

But for me – thoughts of love – generally conjure up images of giving

As I said yesterday, ‘The whole point of love is being ‘other-focused’


Love truly is selfless – it is giving, patient and kind; it is hopeful, honoring and humble

It does not neglect its own needs – but it is not selfishly fixated on having just its needs met

It strives to seek out and understand the needs of others – and try to meet those needs

That is true of any love relationship

 


Moms & Dads will forgo sleep to meet the needs of a newborn infant

They will lay aside fatigue and frustration to provide materially for their family

Husbands and wives will set aside pride – to maintain peace

Friends will place less value on ‘being right’ and more on ‘staying friends’

Couples will concede battles, if it means they win the war against the world – together

A Savior will give up His all so that all can experience the ultimate love relationship

There is nothing in the world like love

I was listening to a song the other day – and again this morning

It is sung by country artist Maren Morris and is titled, ‘The Bones’

I like it because it talks about the power to withstand … ‘if the bones are good’

It talks about a foundation without cracks – how it is impervious to the rains of life

If the foundation is sure, a person, a couple, a friendship, a family, a life –

They can all  hold together

But understand – every home has one foundation, one strong, unmovable foundation

For me, that sure foundation is one that is established and maintained in love

‘God is Love…’ I John 4:7

‘He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together’ Colossians 1:17

Love is before all things, and in Love all things hold together

That’s what love means to me …

Have a Blessed Day!

‘… love never fails.’ I Corinthians 13:8


No comments:

Post a Comment