04 February 2021

one page ... more

Good Morning Friends

I pray and trust that all is well with you

I am praying that the LORD’s hand of blessing rest continually upon you

This will not be a lengthy post –

However, I did want to follow-up on something I shared yesterday

One page … more

 

In discussing love and what it means to different people,

I shared the following verse:

‘What fellowship does righteousness have with darkness?

What communion has light with darkness?’ II Corinthians 6:14


Well – 

Yesterday afternoon, I just happened to come across another version of this verse  

It was in a book I was reading that I have not looked at in a few years:

          a book entitled ’30 Lessons from The Life of David’ by Dr. Criswell Freeman

Well, I decided to pick it up and read it and just happened to open up to page twenty-four

For the record – I do not believe it was happenstance that I opened to that particular page

I say that because this is the verse that my eyes immediately fell upon:

‘Do not become partners with those who reject God. How can you make a partnership out of right and wrong? That’s not partnership; that’s war. Is light best friends with darkness?’ II Corinthians 6:14 MSG

 

The subject of the chapter was ‘Friends Matter’ 

          - so fitting for what we were discussing yesterday

After all, shouldn’t your love interest be your friend, first and foremost? And you theirs?

 

David probably had a great deal of experience in the friendship department –

both positively and negatively

And I wanted to share this version of this verse with all of you because,

I feel it more clearly conveys the heart of that verse


Now –  

‘War’ is a strong word – particularly when our focus this month is love

However, it is an appropriate word choice

It may not be ‘war’ in a traditional sense of weaponry and militia;

But choosing a life mate with different foundational principles and beliefs;

You will find yourself immersed in a battle of warring perspective and ideals

And there is nothing lovely about that


Understand – this is not about piousness or a desire to exclude

It is about one simple truth:

It matters who you allow in your life

That is not to say that we do not love people who are different or who believe differently

That would be insanity and contrary to everything Jesus displayed 

We should love all people

But we should also understand that it is possible to love someone generally & genuinely 

          – and not be yoked to them in close friendship or romantically

Who we connect with is important


Today  

Take some time to think about [and pray about] the connections in your life

It matters more than you know


We’re almost to the end of the week … keep standing, keep trusting


Have a Blessed Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment