05 February 2021

the hurting ...

It is Friday –

And just like that we are almost through the first week of February

I woke up this morning before my alarm went off

And one of the first thoughts was of the gentleman I met yesterday

I met him while I was shopping at Lowe’s – a local home improvement store

Now – it might not seem like it here, but I am very much an introvert

There are people who have never met a stranger – – I am not one of those people 

For me, it is highly unusual to just stop and talk to someone

However, if there is one thing that will stop me in my tracks – it is a precious doggo

I commented on how sweet she was and – there began a conversation

 


She was an emotional support/service dog –

And she was every bit adorable and focused at the same time

Her companion/owner suffers from IED [Intermittent Explosive Disorder]

And he started explaining to me all the challenges he has faced as a result of his illness

He explained the difficulty of wanting to interact with people but being fearful – not knowing what will trigger his disorder or when. He described the medications – which he advised 'helps some' – but makes him feel not like himself and unintelligent

My heart was breaking for him as he talked – and I listened

He talked about the challenges at work – not only as a result of the illness, but of the meanness of people. You see not all bullies mature and change – sometimes they just grow up to be bigger bullies; workplace terrorists. The challenges ultimately resulted in him being placed on permanent disability.

I understood fully as he talked about the extreme workplace harassment

I empathized – and I listened


He talked about the lack of friends and relationships and the extreme isolation it causes;

He explained the profound loneliness which has only been compounded by the pandemic

And I listened

He got his adorable side-kick at the beginning of the pandemic – last year

But you would think they had been together for five years seeing them together

He talked about a fitness tool he was building – and his faith in the LORD

He did most of the talking – and I listened

We talked for about twenty minutes

And when we got ready to part ways, I told him how nice it was to talk to him

He responded, ‘I’ll see you around … I hope I will

 

Now –

It might not seem like it, but this topic has every bit to do with our focus on love

There are hurting people – all around us, every day

Some are just looking for someone to talk to

They are desiring fellowship and hoping that someone will take a chance on them

Know today – there is a God who loves

He loves you and He loves all of them – whoever the ‘them’ may be in your life

 

Today – I am praying

I am praying for all of the lonely and the hurting

I am crying out to the LORD to help this world of ours

I am believing and trusting that I will see His goodness – evident in every sector of society

I am praying that His power, presence and healing will be in the life of my new friend,

In a powerful and tangible way

I am praying for all of you as well – that the LORD’s hand will rest upon you;

That He will cause blessings and favor to abound in your life

May He bless you and keep you …

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment