03 February 2019

LOVE: SELFLESSLY PROVIDES


Good Evening Friends!

I pray you have had a great day and weekend
It is Super Bowl Sunday here in the US – basically another national holiday for most of us
My guys are all upstairs, watching the game, eating food and having drinks
I will join them in a few minutes. But first I had to post this message.
And yes, I am spending one more day on this concept of STORGE/FAMILY LOVE
It is the love which has been manifesting in my home all weekend.

It is a blessing having three sons.
Nothing gives me greater joy than when I hear what I hear tonight.
I am downstairs in my room typing away
And they are laughing and conversing and just enjoying the company of one another.
That joy will only be multiplied once any of them gets married and our family expands.

I once asked my middle son – quite some time ago – when he was going to start dating
His response was shocking as he looked me square in my eyes and said, ‘Mom, I am a selfish being. I like to spend my time the way I want to spend my time; I like to spend my money the way I want to spend my money and I am not willing to compromise right now. So, why get into a relationship and frustrate someone and have them frustrate me?”
I was completely taken aback at his declaration – 
However, I had to give him give points for being honest & candid

YET – the truth of the matter is that he is anything but selfish
He is one of the most generous and responsible people I know.
Without intending to do so, he has modeled my love message for today.
He possesses a love which selflessly looks toward the needs of others.

NOW – do I believe he still likes to spend his time & money the way he desires? YES!
HOWEVER – he lovingly places those desires second when he recognizes a greater need.

He is a pretty special man!
·         He understands the importance of a man looking after his own family: Taking to heart [even if unconsciously] that one who does not provide for his own family is worse than an infidel [I Timothy 5:8]
·         He demonstrates a love which lays down personal desires: He repeatedly esteems others more than himself. [Philippians 2:3]
·         He puts action behind his love: He embodies Philippians 2:4 which reminds and encourages believers: ‘Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.’

All of these qualities are so important in a family
It demonstrates how LOVE SELFLESSLY PROVIDES

I am truly blessed … and so very thankful

Praying You Have a Blessed Evening and Week!
Wishing You Much Love …

“A new command I give you; Love one another.
As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” John 13:34

No comments:

Post a Comment