01 February 2019

LOVE: WHILE YOU CAN ...


Good Morning Friends

I pray your day is off to a great start – February 1, 2019
I continually find myself saying, ‘The older I get, the faster it goes’
However, I think it might be time for me to adopt a new saying when time passing:
‘Thank You God for the time; help me make the rest count’

I was going to move off our focus on STORGE/FAMILY LOVE
However, I believe I am going to spend one more day there – TODAY
WHY? Because it is so important to … LOVE WHILE YOU CAN

My cousin passed away yesterday morning; he was fifty-one years old. I think that is young. However, I might feel that way because he was only three years older than me. We were all more like siblings than cousins when we were growing up. He called my mom his second mom. My last contact with him before New Year’s Day was in December when he told me he would be coming to see her soon. He truly loved her. Yet, even with all his love for her, he was not able to make that last visit.

Tomorrow is not promised to any of us – the next moment is not promised to any of us
That is why it is important to – LOVE WHILE YOU CAN
Many people have been commenting on my cousin’s amazing smile.
And he did have an absolutely amazing smile!
That glint in his eye, the crinkle of his nose and then there was that dimple on his cheek.
His smile was infectious and you could not help but smiling yourself in response.

But why share this with my online friends who did not know him?
It is important to focus on loving family while you can & letting them know.
Family love [and love in general] is a precious gift – but one which can easily be taken for granted.

Therefore, it is important to be intentional about loving and expressing love
Take time to appreciate the little things that you love about people – and let them know
It is so important to express love –
Whether it is a kind word, a loving act, a thoughtful gift, a heartfelt hug or a listening ear
And this does not just apply to family love – it carries over into all areas of love

It is great to express the love you had and will continue to hold onto
However, you will never know the full impact of expressing the love you have – TODAY

LOVE EVERY CHANCE YOU CAN – seizing every opportunity to express love
LOVE BECAUSE YOU CAN – recognizing it is a gift from God to have people to love
LOVE WHILE YOU CAN – understanding there is no greater present like the present

Praying You Have a Blessed Day!
Wishing You Much Love …

“A new command I give you; Love one another.
As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” John 13:34

No comments:

Post a Comment