19 February 2019

LOVE: WHEN I'M WITH YOU


Good Evening Friends!

I hope you all had a fabulous day …
We are almost to the midpoint of the week
AND I AM FEELING … THANKFUL!

We are still on our topic of LOVE. And today’s focus is due, in part, to some of the things that are going on in my life. Right now, it feels like there are a hundred gears all turning at the same time. And – if I am honest – there have been a few moments where I’ve felt like I was being squeezed in between all those moving parts.
But then –  He floods my heart with His love and my world with His peace.

There is nothing like the love of God!
And I find myself focusing more and more on what an awesome privilege it is to be in relationship with Him. There has been such an overwhelming feeling of gratitude.
NOW –
I would like to say I am one of those people whose relationship with the LORD has been steady 100% of the time and that I have never faltered.

HOWEVER –
I have to be honest and say …
There are times – just like a natural relationship – where there are lulls
The relationship challenges, of course, are never on His part
It happens when I lose focus, get distracted, stop listening, stop communicating
AND WE END UP LOSING INTIMACY … something so important to an effective relationship

LOVE & INTIMACY: IT IS WHAT WE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT THE NEXT TWO DAYS
1.       First I’d like to explore intimacy with God
2.       Then I would like to tackle some intimacy issues in natural relationships

Now, I understand that the second point might be a stretch [being that I’ve been out of the game for some time]. However, I believe it is going be good to look at why intimacy is important & what happens when it fails

With the first area we will tackle – intimacy with God – I’d like to get personal, really personal. And, in doing so, I’ll be sharing what can happen when that intimacy with God starts to wane

Last week – during my one-day road trip – I was searching through radio stations
And I came across a song that has had me thinking about my relationship with the LORD
It is not a new song by any means – and it is not my usual genre of Christian music.
But, there something about it that grabbed me … perhaps because I was praying all day long

And the hook that caught my attention?
‘I like me better when I’m with you …’

It is a song by an artist name Lauv. And, my thoughts immediately went to the LORD; to the resurgence in communication and intimacy. Every time I think about where I’ve been and how far He has brought me, I find myself humming, ‘I like me better when I’m with You …’

I really do... 
I can’t wait for our chat tomorrow!


Praying You Have a Blessed Evening
     & an Awesome Day Tomorrow
    
Wishing You Much Love …

‘My soul thirsts for God, the living God’ Psalm 42:2

No comments:

Post a Comment