05 February 2020

LOVE 2020: UNFAILING LOVE


One day and a wake-up …

We have made it through the middle of the week!
And then it will be the weekend again
I don’t even mind that the temperature is dropping again.
It has been so mild the last few days

In any event – we are on day five of LOVE 2020
Talking about UNFAILING LOVE
Truthfully, though, there is only one UNFAILING LOVE
That is the LOVE of the LORD

In the Word, God presents the image of a loving Mom in talking to us about LOVE
In fact, in Isaiah 49:15, He says,
“Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne?
But even if that were possible, I would not forget you”

Now, I don’t know about you – but there is nothing like the love of my Mom
She had a way of just making things alright –
a hug, a right word, tender care when I found myself ill
Yet, even with all that love, it was not (is not) a perfect love
                Neither is the love that I have for my children, neither is the love of any parent.
Only the love of the LORD is perfect – only His love is unfailing

The psalmist in Psalm 27:10 acknowledges this truth,
‘When my father and mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up’

The LORD lets us know that His love supersedes even the love of a parent.

His love is the love that truly matters
All other love flows out of this love
Any love we are able to demonstrate flows out of knowing Him,
                and experiencing His love first hand.

This was on my heart last night and early this morning – this UNFAILING LOVE
In fact, I jotted this post down in my note pad that I keep on my bed
It was about 2AM and I was writing in the dark;
Sort of fitting since that is the place where people start to question the love of GOD –
Yes – it is in those dark places of life where the questions begin to dance in our minds.

It is easy to believe He loves us and is with us when everything is going well
However, when all hell is breaking loose [literally], it is a little tougher

Sometimes, it is easy to lose sight of that love
When we encounter challenging situations,
we can easily [and incorrectly] presume it is because He does not love us
We completely forget the impact our life choices have on our situations...
But that is a discussion for another day.

In those moment, we cry out much like the disciples did on that stormy night,
‘Master! Don’t you care that we are perishing?’ Mark 4:38
‘Is it nothing to You that we are going down?’ Mark 4:38 MSG

HOWEVER –
Things going exceptionally well is not an indication of His love
Things going exceptionally poor is not indicative of a lack of love on His part

HIS LOVE IS CONSTANT

AND –
He speaks to our the storms raging without and within,
                Just like He did for the disciples

Everything He did, everything He does –
Every interaction He has with us is … ROOTED IN LOVE

HIS LOVE IS UNFAILING

No one can fathom how wide and high and deep is the love of Christ,
the love of GOD for us
He cares for that which concerns us and is ever working with us and for us

His love surpasses all human understanding
And that is something to celebrate

I pray you have a good evening …

God Bless & Much Love 


No comments:

Post a Comment