13 February 2020

LOVE 2020:SPECIAL & PRICELESS


Good Morning

I pray you had a fantastic day yesterday –

I have no complaints –
Well, let’s say I choose not to complain
I am trusting the LORD and He has been flooding my heart,
With an overwhelming sense of peace

So – a couple of days ago we talked about heart-break
However – today I would like to shift gears just a bit
Today – I would like to talk about a priceless love
You see, it is the hope for that special & priceless kind of love,
or the having found it and having lost it
which can be the source of so much pain.
And I get it – it is a wonder;
absolutely amazing, exciting, terrifying, strengthening and weakening,
                All at the same time
It fills you with such hope for the future –
                While at the same time causing a bit of anxiety that it could be lost

And understand, there are many counterfeits
All love is not that unique and special kind of love
I did not know … until I knew … until I truly experienced it
And even then, it was so overwhelming that I tried to deny it.
I would try to convince my friends that I was not enamored with him;
Their response?
‘No Zee, we’re not buying it … your entire being lights up every time you talk about him.’
They were right – I still smile every time I think about him
I’m smiling right now … listening to Frank Sinatra sing The Way You Look Tonight

And the beautiful thing about this special kind of love is,
It transcends all the ‘romantic’ notions of love
It is a kind of love where you find yourself praying for them –
                more than you pray for yourself
It is a kind of love where – when their birthday rolls around – you find yourself
                Praying to God and thanking Him for creating such an amazing being
It is a kind of love where their health and well-being is all you desire
It is a priceless kind of love

And, if you are ever blessed enough to experience it in this life –
Hold onto it with all you’ve got.

Tuesday – we talked about the heart-broken;
And among some of those who experience heart break at this time of year, are those who have been single for a long time; those who have yet to find their ‘special & priceless’ love

I know it is difficult. However, once you find it, you will agree it was so worth the wait:
That love, that person was so worth the wait – 
          and you will be glad you did not settle


Have a Blessed Day …
We’re Almost There!

No comments:

Post a Comment