01 February 2020

LOVE 2020: IT IS WHO HE IS


Good Morning!


I pray your week has gone well
And I hope you are ready to enjoy a relaxing weekend

And, while I am getting a late start on writing this post,
It is not because I arose late 
I have actually been up all night – I am not certain why

I believe my mind is full –
I have been thinking about what I would like to write,
And, I have been thinking about all that has already transpired in 2020
Nationally and around the globe, we have had multiple devastating events:
§  Downed Aircrafts – Military & Civilian
§  Missile Strikes – Injuring Our Service Members
§  Earthquakes
§  Multi-Vehicle Accidents
§  Helicopter Crashes
§  Tornados
§  Coronavirus Outbreak & Deadly Regular Flu Season
§  And that is just to name a few

2020 in the first thirty-one days has been filled with challenges
And it can be a bit overwhelming &discouraging
Indeed, I find myself praying more than I have in recent months

Even so, I am trying to keep my eyes focused on the positive;
I am trying to fix my gaze on the One who knows all things
It is not easy - trust me!
I find myself having to go back to Scripture & Prayer repeatedly throughout the day
There is so much I do not understand about suffering

YET – 
I know and understand this ... 
I understand that the LORD is Sovereign
I know that He is worthy of my trust;
And – even when I face, witness and hear about bad situations;
HE IS STILL A GOOD GOD



LOVE IS WHAT HE IS
§  He has good plans, to prosper and not to harm [Jer. 29:11]
§  He seeks opportunities to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose hearts are loyal to Him [II Chr. 16:9]
§  He is ever-present … no matter where I may find myself [Ps. 139:8]
§  He is full of love for His creation [John 3:16]
§  HE IS LOVE … [I John 4:8]

AND NOW – we are entering one of my two favorite times of year
We are at the beginning of the lead up to Valentine’s Day
It is a season all about LOVE

AND – for the next fourteen days [or longer],
I choose to be intentional about focusing on the good
I will seek it out in every situation and circumstance
I will fix my mind on the things which are lovely – as instructed in the Word of God

Why don't you join me on this journey?
I would be so glad if you would.

I pray you have a peaceful and love-filled weekend.

God Bless & Much Love
Have a Great Day!


Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable
--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—
think about such things.
Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment