09 February 2020

LOVE 2020: THE LITTLE THINGS


Hi There!

Sunday evening … already
Why does the work week go so slow and the weekend so quickly?

In any event – we are entering Valentine’s Week!

And, I already got my first present.
Or, I should say I already purchased my first Valentine’s Day present –
                An early present – some flowers for my Mom and she loved them!
She still gets as excited about flowers as she did when I was a teenager
                And that was many, many … many moons ago.
I used to buy her flowers every time I got my paycheck from my job

I think I have always been intent on letting the people I care about know it –
Whether it was buying flowers, writing a letter or placing a call;
I even recall one day going forty minutes in the opposite direction of home –
Taking a trolley and walking.
I wanted to hand-deliver a card for a dear friend of mine;
The funny thing is, I knew that this individual was not home yet.
However, I wanted that person to know, as soon as they arrived home,
that someone had been thinking of them that day
It made their day!

So, why share this tonight?
Because it is the small, consistent and genuine demonstrations of love that count

Over the past several days, I have spent a good deal of time –
                Talking about the love of God [our vertical relationship]
Now, we will talk about our love for and with people [our horizontal relationships]

And, there are so many cues on how to show love –
which can be taken from the God who is love
You see, our understanding of how to love others –
flows out of our understanding of God’s
Intentional, genuine, consistent, personal … demonstrations of love

In fact, there is a verse in Scripture which states:
‘Blessed be the LORD who daily loads us with benefits’ Psalm 68:19

And if we are to take our cues from this verse, it simply means:
There are daily opportunities to show love to those around us
It is the little things that often tend to make a world of difference!

SMALL GESTURES – GRAND EFFECTS

I am not saying that you should not get Valentine’s Day presents
What I am saying is that you should not wait until Valentine’s Day –
                to express your love and appreciation for someone.
Valentine’s Day should just be one more opportunity to show your love.

So why don’t you take some time this week to express & show your love –
                Even before Valentine’s Day even gets here

Have a Blessed Evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment