10 February 2020

LOVE 2020: ROMANCE


Hi There!

Let’s see if I can get this post up today – since it is almost tomorrow

I hope your Monday was fantastic
I have no complaints – and I have my eyes fixed on Valentine’s Week!
Yes – it is not just a day for me
And – in case you have not realized it yet;
I am a hopeless romantic!
I love everything about LOVE –
From the practical and general to the sky-high, give-you-butterflies kind of love
And, I love everything about ROMANCE

What is there not to love?

I would not attempt to define romance –
Especially since it holds such a highly individualized meaning for each person
However, for me, it some of the simpler things which scream romance

Sadly though, I believe true romance has died to an extent
In our hyper-sexualized world, some things have changed
The treasure of a fleeting glance has seemed to lost some of its allure
The sweet and simple [but still passionate] act of holding hands,
Seems to be diminished in value somehow

Yesterday we talked about the ‘little things’
And I have to say – the most romantic  moments I have experienced & witnessed,
                Have been those small but genuine gestures of affection
Telling someone to be careful when their driving;
It might seem like an inconsequential comment –
However, it speaks to someone who is genuinely concerned about another
That is romantic – at least to me

Being able to do ‘nothing’ with someone you care about –
                And having it feel like ‘everything in the world’
That is romantic …

Feeling comfortable enough to be yourself – to truly be yourself;
Sharing your most intriguing thoughts, deepest fears & wildest dreams,
That is romantic!
It is a connection – one that is not formed casually

It is a bonding and a ‘coming together’ intellectually
It is knowing someone and being know by them – and loving each other through it all
The ability to be ‘naked & unashamed’ emotionally – that is something amazing
Romance, Romance, Romance
I know – it is perhaps a bit too simplistic and naïve for some

However – it does something to my heart and I would not trade it for the world;
                Not during Valentine’s week … or ever

Have a Blessed Evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment