19 February 2020

LOVE 2020: LOVE CARES


Good Evening …

I hope you had a good day today –
We have made it past the mid-point of the week,
And I pray that your week is going well

A couple of days ago, I wrote about the need to love living
It is so important –

However, I also realize how difficult that may be for some people;
They are not sure if they will ever love living again;
And it is not that they want to die – they just don’t want to go on living the way they are

Whether it is past regrets, a bad habit that cannot be shaken,
The intense sadness and loneliness of losing a loved one, health issue, financial reversals.
                Or a combination of all these things
It makes it exceedingly difficult to love living

And to all of those people [all of us people] I say,
Love cares … and love speaks cry
The LORD, who is love, cares for you – and everything that concerns you
He cares when you’re overwhelmed,
He cares when you are consumed with sadness,
He cares and is there every time you shed tears of sorrow – internally and externally

Psalm 56:8 captures the thoughts of a psalmist who may have been hurting –
                Just like the people I just described,
Yet he speaks from a place of quiet confidence,
‘You [LORD] keep track of my sorrows.
You have collected all of my tears in Your bottle
You have recorded each one in Your book.’

That is powerful that He takes account of every tear;
Because I lose count of the tear drops in just one crying session
Yet, He is present for every single one.
He speaks cry …

Several years back, I was watching a conference online –
The guest speaker was pastor and teacher, Sheryl Brady.
And as she was sharing her heart about the presence of God, she noted:
”He even understands what the tear meant that rolled down your face in the middle of the night across the bridge of your nose onto your pillow … He hears and He knows. He knows what you’re saying and He knows what you’re not saying…” 

It made me think back to when my children were small and the cries they would make:
There was a cry that meant ‘Change me’ and there was the cry that meant ‘Feed me’ and the cry that meant ‘Burp me, please … I am about to explode!’  There was the cry that said ‘I’m sleepy’ and, of course, there was the cry that simply meant, ‘Please hold me ... I just need to know you are near.’ 

I love them more than I could ever express,
And I wanted nothing more than to tend to every need.
Yet, even with all the love I had [and still have] as a parent – GOD’S LOVE IS GREATER

Our Heavenly Father loves us more than any parent ever could

And He, also familiar with our cries, hears our cries –

He knows the meaning of every tear, every sob, every sigh. And when we weep, shedding more tears than could ever be counted by us, crying what becomes a flowing stream or river, He sees each individual tear and can tell what each one represents. He knows what each one means without us speaking a word:

  • §       He knows the cry that begs ‘Change me … I cannot change myself’
  • §       He translates the cry which says ‘I am hungry for YOU … please feed me'
  • §       He understands the cry that screams ‘I am about to explode!’
  • §       He knows that one tear that says ‘I am so tired I don't know what to do’
  • §       He comprehends the river of tears which whisper ‘I need You to hold me, to know that you are not only near, but here.'

He cares for that which concerns us (I Peter 5:7) and He loved us all so much that He sent Jesus to die for us (John 3:16). He cares for you.

He speaks every language under heaven and ...
He speaks, understands and responds to ‘cry’

Be encouraged dear friends and know I am praying with you and for you …

Have a Blessed Evening…

No comments:

Post a Comment