06 February 2020

LOVE 2020: INTENTIONAL LOVE


Good Evening Friends …

It is almost the weekend – and I cannot wait
While this season of love is my favorite season,
There were several things that I was not loving today

It is rainy and yucky tonight –
In fact, as I sat at the light on my way home, it went from ‘just starting to rain’ …
to ‘full-on' downpour, wind gusts and zero visibility’ in about 30-seconds

But it is not just the weather –
Today was ONE OF THOSE DAYS

It was one of those days which causes me to draw upon everything I write here.
So – today I would like to 100% transparent – as we talk about INTENTIONAL LOVE


There will always be days when you do not like some of the things that people do;
                Or the people that do them
And on those days, you have to make a conscious decision to love people;
understanding that there are days when people don’t like you [or what you do] also

Most days I am able to handle it pretty well.
Even as a read a verse this past …
I felt that I could not co-sign the sentiments of the psalmist
The verse read ‘Cut off my enemies and destroy all those who afflict my soul’ Ps. 143:2

But – that is not my desire
Truly it is not … most days
Today was a different kind of day
Today was a “God, I want You to get them now” kind of day
But I know that was just my sinful flesh rising up
And something happened later this evening as I sat in my car, watching the rain fall


I had to stop and think –
I had to think about all the times He mercifully kept me;
     where He did not 'get me', but instead spared me

I also had to stop and think about the fact this attitude,
     my attitude, was not His will
It was not reflective of the character that He has been cultivating;
     it did demonstrate the spiritual development He was been crafting,
     through all of these challenging circumstances


He is developing in me peace; not strife
He is developing in me patience; not frustration
He is developing in me kindness; not bitterness and vengefulness
He is developing in me long-suffering; not short-temperedness

If you have any interactions with people at any point throughout your day –
                There will be occasions to be offended

In fact, Jesus [the LORD of all things possible] said,
‘It is impossible that no offenses will come ...’ Luke17:1

We are encouraged not to be easily offended [Col. 3:13]
And – as much is possible – our aim should be that we not be the cause of offense

INTENTIONAL LOVE

It is not an easy thing
But, it is a God-honoring thing

AFTER ALL –
“The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control” Galatians 5:22

AND –
I … I am still a work in progress

I had a dear friend, someone very special to me;
And when I would get frazzled and frustrated – going on a rant,
They would simply say, ‘Tomorrow is a new day…’

And with that, I will say, ‘Good Night…’

Praying you have a blessed day tomorrow

God Bless & Much Love  

No comments:

Post a Comment