29 February 2020

leap of faith ...


Happy Saturday!

It is the last day of February –
Bringing to a close  our focus on love.
I am actually not quite sure where my time went today
The days come and go;
The weekend comes … the weekend goes
However, it has been a relatively good day – following a rough evening.

Last night, out of nowhere, I had a full on anxiety attack
It made me so ill, that all I could do was lie down, to try to calm down
But eventually, I fell asleep ...
And today – well today is a new day

Today is Leap Day … the reason 2020 is a Leap Year
Today is also my Aunt Julia’s birthday;
I always remember her birthday because it falls on February 29th

This day, the 29th of February, will not occur on the calendar again
For another four years        
This day, the 29th of February 2020, will not occur again – ever

There is an old Irish tradition that if a woman makes a proposal on February 29th
                It must be accepted
The idea was that of a single woman asking a man for his hand

However, I will accept that any proposal made by a lady this day, will be honored.
Therefore, in view of my night last night –
and sensitive the plight of so many who must confront anxiety from time to time
I would like to make the following proposal:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
                And do not lean on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths’
                                                                                              Proverb 3:5-6

‘Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
                Nor the arrow that flies in the day.
Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
                Nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
Though a thousand fall at your side,
                Though ten thousand are dying around you,
                These evils will not touch you’
                                                               Psalm 91:5-7

We cannot always control the feelings which come upon us,
But we can control whether we will allow them to control us.
Last night, recognizing what was happening, I went to lie down;
I played some Christ-centered music & I quoted some scripture,

‘Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.’ Philippians 3:12-14

Eventually I fell asleep last night – the LORD granted me rest 
The LORD grants His beloved rest;
He is Jehovah-Shalom, our Peace.
So take a leap of courage, a leap of hope, a leap of faith
                With God, every day, moment-by-moment

God is our refuge and strength – in a leap year and every year

Have a Blessed Evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment