04 February 2020

LOVE 2020: LOVE COVERS


Good Evening Friends!

Happy Monday!
I am excited this evening … because 
We are on day three of February –
And I am 3:3 with our series!

No –  I am not crazy 
BUT
Yes – that is how yesterday’s post was supposed to begin
However, a ‘quick snack’ and a severe allergic reaction later and .. well, you get the idea
SO – here we are:

Happy Tuesday!
I pray your week is off to a great start and that you are ready to continue our journey:

TODAY –
We are talking about LOVE THAT COVERS

At several points yesterday [and over the past couple of days],
The following verse has popped into my mind a few times:
‘Love covers a multitude of sins…’ I Peter 4:8

The Greek word for sins in that verse is – ἁμαρτία 
And, while it has several definitions, I like the highlighted one below:
‘To miss or wander from the path of uprightness and honor; to do or go wrong

NOW – we are all familiar with the ‘doing wrong’;
It part of the sin-filled fallen nature of man
HOWEVER – today, I would like to spend a moment on the ‘going wrong’ portion

Which can still be a part of our sin nature;
But, which can also just be a part of life.

Sometimes life is like that isn’t it?

There are times when it feels like all the right efforts
still have you going the wrong way.


BUT, SOMETIMES – even the ‘wrong’ path can take you to the right location

Even when we go the wrong way – perhaps not intentionally – He is there
Even when we go the wrong way on purpose, and we turn back repentant – 
He is still present & waiting for us, seeking us out & running toward us,
His love covering us and the multitude of situations we find ourselves in,
Working ALL things together for the good.

Indeed, He works things together so well, it looks like it was part of the original plan

He is always with us;
His love is ever-present;
His love is ever-working, always covering


He loves you [and me] with an ever-lasting love
It still amazes me every time I truly stop and take time to meditate on that truth

And, as I pondered the roads I have traveled,
He spoke to my spirit this past weekend 
And here is what I heard:
“I work all things together for your good and for My glory;
The right things and the wrong things,
The times when you hit it spot on and the times when you miss the mark completely
The beautiful and the ugly
The pleasant and the not-so-pleasant
I am there working in all of it, loving you through all of it,
Working it all together for your good and for My glory”

That is a LOVE THAT COVERS!
I’m tearing-up just thinking about it

No matter how it may seem, or how you may feel;
HIS LOVE COVERS ALL

‘If I go up to the heavens, You are there;
If I make my bed in the depths, You are there;
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
Even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast’ Psalm 139:10

SO BEAUTIFUL!

I pray – tonight and the rest of the this week – that you would realize
                Just how very much YOU ARE LOVED!

Have a good evening …

God Bless & Much Love  

No comments:

Post a Comment