11 February 2020

LOVE 2020: BROKEN-HEARTED

Hello Friends,

I pray your day went well today –

I am still excited about Valentine’s Day and all things concerning LOVE;
However, I do realize that this is a challenging time of year for many people.
I believe, because I have focused on the multiple aspects of love,
that I do not find this time of year lonely – it invigorates me.
But, I know that is not the case for everyone
For those who find themselves alone at this time of year, it can be very painful;
Whether it be a temporary separation due to a deployment or work situation;
A more permanent situation due to a divorce or the loss of a loved-one;
Or the seemingly endless loneliness of always being single –
                Valentine’s week can be anything but romantic and joy-filled

My heart is heavy for those individuals tonight – all of them
There is nothing more painful than not being able to be with your loved-one
It is a heartbreak I would not wish on anyone

I have experienced first-hand the temporary pain of having a loved-one deployed;
I have had to deal with the sting of divorce;
I have experienced the sorrow of having someone I loved pass away suddenly;
I have endured the loneliness of being single – twice
and each no less than fifteen years in duration

I do not share that to minimize the pain someone is feeling;
Neither do I share it to say, ‘I know how you feel’ –
I could not possibly know how you feel – every situation is unique and personal
However, I can assure you that – no matter how bleak it feels – the grace of God is greater

The LORD has met me many times at the places where I have felt lonely, abandoned or sorrowful. And I have this comfort – and hope it will comfort you as well:
Thus far you have survived 100% of the worst moments that life has thrown your way;
                You are still here, breathing, living and full of purpose and possibilities
Do not be discouraged my friend –
Know that you are loved by a mighty GOD &
     He truly is working all things together for your good.

Dear LORD –
Father, I pray for all those whose hearts are heavy this evening;
I pray for all who might be missing a loved one,
Or who are feeling unloved because they have yet to find that special someone
Father, I pray that you would comfort them – this evening and all throughout this week
Let Your presence be tangible and let it bring peace and joy – and warmth
We know Your timing is perfect –
If there be any areas where growth is needed –
where preparation is required, for what You have prepared,
I pray Your Holy Spirit would lead and guide and instruct
Father, You said it is not good for man to be alone;
Guard every heart from the weight of loneliness tonight
I know the plans You have for us are good plans – to prosper and not to harm;
So we thank you in advance as pray all these things in the matchless name of Jesus - AMEN


Praying you all have a blessed evening …

No comments:

Post a Comment